Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

1. Where can I submit my CPT application?
A request for authorization for curricular practical training must be made to the DSO using the SSU CPT Application Form.

2. When can I apply for CPT?

You are eligible to apply for CPT after studying for one full academic year at a degree program at SSU. One academic year is defined as three quarters for the BBA program and three quarters for the MBA and MSIT programs

3. How much is the SSU CPT application fee?
The SSU CPT application fee is $100.00.

4. Am I eligible for CPT if I am not in good academic standing?
No. Students must be in good academic standing to be eligible to apply for CPT. Those who are on academic probation are not considered to be in good academic standing.

5. Do I have to have a job offer to apply for CPT?
Yes. You have to provide your DSO with an employment offer letter that states the job title, intended start date, whether the position is part time (20 or less hours per week), or full time (21 or more hours per week, only permitted during breaks), name, email, phone number of supervisor, employer tax number (EIN) and specific job duties. The letter must be submitted on official company letterhead with an official signature.

6. How much CPT am I eligible for?
Students may engage in CPT every quarter as long as they are in good standing. Part time CPT does not impact eligibility for OPT. Students have to renew CPT work authorization for EVERY quarter during the week BEFORE the quarter starts. for OPT.

7. Can I work for any job with my CPT authorization?
No. CPT authorization is only granted for employment directly related to the curriculum within your program of study.

8. Can I work on CPT during a Leave of Absence?
Yes, with DSO approval.

9. Do I have to pay taxes?
Yes, as with any work in the United States, individuals must pay taxes on their income.