Southern States University’s Master of Science in Information Technology is a two-year program. With its emphasis on providing a solid academic and theoretical foundation combined with modern IT skills, the program is structured to ensure its students acquire an in-depth understanding of the IT field, as well as the technical skills required to cope with the ever-increasing complexity of IT issues in the modern world.
Upon completion of the program, Master of Science in Information Technology Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the role of IT in organizations and the various technologies comprising the broader area of information technology, and their inter-working.
- Demonstrate understanding of the information systems life’s cycle.
- Design a web information system using client side and server side scripting.
- Explain the technologies and issues in an e-commerce system.
- Describe the technologies and various models in cloud computing.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of big-data and data analytics techniques.
- Describe security vulnerabilities, and measures and technologies to secure an information system.
- Explain the technologies and procedures in carrying out computer forensics.
- Describe the ethical issues in information systems and measures to address them.
- Exhibit information systems project management skills.
- Design a complete IT system with database, networking, and other technologies and tools comprising IT.
- Have the skills necessary to obtain at least a mid-level job in an IT-related position within one year of graduation from the program.
IT-500 IT Foundations
IT-501 Information Technology Systems
IT-502 Systems Analysis and Design
IT-510 Database Systems
IT-511 Advanced Database Systems
IT-513 Computer Networks
IT-516 Web Information Systems
IT-517 Electronic Commerce Systems
IT-520 Information Security
IT-530 Cloud Computing
IT-531 Data Analytics
IT-532 Computer Forensics
IT-533 Ethical Issues in IT
IT-599 IT Capstone Project